Thursday, January 8, 2009

Roasted Chicken

I had such a good experience with my chicken, I thought I would share the recipe.

Buy a whole chicken.
Trim any excess fat off and remove the gizzards and such.
Pat dry with a paper towel.
Pour 1/2 cup wateror chicken broth in roasting pan or crockpot.
Place chicken in crockpot.
Squirt fresh lemon juice all over the chicken and inside the cavity. Insert lemon inside chicken.
Sprinkle with spice and herbs (my choice was salt, pepper, and rosemary)
Cook for 3-4 hours on high or ~8 hours on low in crockpot.

Check on the chicken at least once during cooking. Use a baster to squirt liquid on the chicken.
If the liquids dry out, add an additional 1/2 cup water or chicken broth.

WARNING: use caution in removing the chicken. The meat will be so moist that it will literally fall apart.

No comments: