Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Sweet Love

So, it's official - I have a new job. I will be leaving my current place of employment (n2n teaching what is basically an alternative school) and switching to teach middle school math for a local private school. I am sad to say good-bye to my co-workers. They have been a great place of love, especially Richelle. She's great. They have been so gracious to me and comforting, especially in dealing with Celiac. A crazy life changing event that I never knew I was going to have to deal with.

I am super excited about my new job. It seems like a great community to be a part of and I have tutored several students from the school already. I have some great classes and schedule and of course love keeping a true school schedule.

On a side note, I'm not feeling well again this evening. I'm not sure if it is really "sick" or something with Celiac. Plus, I think I pushed myself too hard too soon with overcoming the flu. I think my body is just hating me, but I don't know if there's really a bug or anything I have. (I hosted a baby shower and I am praying against the PLAGUE from Orlando.) Mike and I spent ALL day yesterday running around town and sanitizing the house. I'm hoping that the half bottle of bleach and Lysol killed anything left in the house.

So, on with my title: LOVE. Yes, today is Valentine's Day. Mike and I are sitting on opposing couches both with a computer in hand. We made a run to Kroger, Target, Chik-fil-A, and the mall earlier in the evening. We couldn't find a movie we wanted from the movie cube. We bought a little gift from Target and something for the house and tried to make a return to the mall, in which we were unsuccessful. Chik-fil-A was not much of a help. Mike ate a full meal, including a cookie-and-cream milkshake while all I could enjoy was some fries...and now I'm second guessing that decision.

Love, it's not all about romance or something special. It's about serving and enjoying one another. Yes, romance is good, but not necessary for each holiday or night together. With both of us sick earlier in the week, we needed rest. So, we're resting. We're together, that's what matters. After I finish this post, we're spending some quality time reading and praying. Something we love to do, but rarely make time for as quality and committed. This serves not only us, but the Lord as well. We're happy spending out Valentine's day this way. He didn't even buy me flowers, and that's ok. I bought myself some though. :) I think love is enjoying each other in the moment of what is best for both of you in the season. This week, rest and random things around the house. We're hoping to get away (maybe next weekend) to enjoy more rest, but more of each other.

So, with all of that said, I'd also like to say I love you to my wonderful husband! He is sooooo patient and servant hearted. We never knew I would be going through so much physical crap, but he has always been by my side to serve me any way I needed. He's the best. I love spending my days (and nights) with my best friend. With Valentine's Day, it's also entertaining we don't make a big deal out of it. It's basically our "anniversary" for when we became an official couple - 4 years ago. But again, we're ok with where and we are doing to celebrate. For our first Valentine's day, we both (without the other one knowing it) sent each other gifts across Europe. We sent our packages as friends, but by the time we had received them, we were dating...however that works. Anyhow, I don't remember much about that gift. I remember just being smitten and amazed that a guy could think that far in advance. And to somehow grasp that small things can mean so much. The other thing I remember, I bought Mike a journal. Little did I know you need a magnifying glass to read his writing and he would NEVER get to use another journal in this lifetime, but a journal was part of his package. I also remember the girl fully coming out in me. Somewhere in the pages I hid a little, very little heart. When we talked after he received it, he asked me about it. (How did he ever notice such a thing?!) I lied. Denied it. Said I had no idea what he was talking about. Years later, maybe even after we were married, I had to confess that to him. He forgave me with a genuine smile, and laugh. I LOVE YOU!

No comments: