Thursday, December 17, 2009

20 years ago...




20 years ago, I think I had my birthday party at Golden Skates. I used to LOVE roller skating. I grew up going all the time with my sisters, friends, school, etc. Even after we moved to Texas, I still went skating. There was a period where I think we went skating every Friday night. I went once or twice in college, but haven't been since. Well, today was the 7th and 8th grade social at school and I got to chaperone. I wasn't too excited at first. I was actually pretty bummed because I wanted to skate, but thought that would be frowned upon by the staff and students. Well, I talked to to teacher friends yesterday and they told me they always skate. I was THRILLED! I was dancing all around the house last night like a giddy little school girl. Well, today I went skating. I was a little rocky and definitely rusty. It was somewhat difficult to make it around the first time and somewhere in between, I realized that if I was to fall, it would probably hurt a lot more than it did 20 years ago. As my dad says, "You have further to fall." Well, I made it and I went around again. Then I decided I should take a break, but it took me three more laps before I could get close enough to the wall. I made it around several more times and had a blast. I do think skating and hula hooping are two of the greatest workouts. However, I'm much older than I was before so I don't think my body is going to be happy in the morning. Anyhow, I just asked Mike for a big birthday party next year (3-0). I want to go skating!

No comments: