Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas - I love it! I'm the one who wants to start playing Christmas music and put up the decorations right after Halloween. I'm always disturbed at how early the stores prepare for the next holiday, except for Christmas. Somehow, I think I would be ok if Christmas stuff was out ALL year. And if nothing else, we really should celebrate Christmas in July as well.

So, with both excitement and anxiousness, Mike and I set out on a three city tour of Florida in 7 days. Surprisingly, we found some time to relax, spend time with friends, enjoy both sides of the family, and even get time with each other. We were very pleased with our visit. The lack of drama is something we embrace. Pleasantly surprised!

For an official report, my biopsies were confirmed as Celiac Disease. I already feel much better, in even a short amount of time. I can easily pinpoint if I eat something I shouldn't have, but the recovery is miserable. Luckily, we have started to find our way around the grocery, kitchen, and even eating out (thank you Red Robin, Jason's Deli, and Outback). And to make it even more feasible, Mike's family took really good care of me. They made me a crustless Pumpkin Pie, Turkey pie with potatoes instead of crust, and had plenty of fruit for me to enjoy. And, one of my Christmas presents was a bag FULL of Gluten-free food and a cookbook! It's much more comforting now.

So, after my upgrade for a camera, we had several other surprises. My sister and dad bought us the Wii Fit. And may is that entertaining! You should see Mike hula hoop 8 hoops at once! His little mii even does his pelvic rotation crazy dance! It's a great work out, especially when it's raining too. Ontop of all that, we have some gift certificates to spend, clothes to wear (including the good ole underwear), and toys to break in. THANK YOU SANTA!

On a completely different note, I'm trying to get this photography business up and running and make it more of a stable thing. Hopefully the website and such will be up and running shortly. I've posted a few photos from our time in Florida, including a maternity session with Graham and Becky (our old roommates and dear friends) filled (literally) with joy for the new addition expected in March. There should be more photos to view at the website and Facebook.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

  
 

No comments: