Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spontaneity

Apparently, people actually read this!  We had no idea if this was even worth updating, but on our last minute trip, we talked to several people that were staying updated through the blog.  Thanks so much for reading!  Maybe one day I'll teach Mike how to post.

So, quite the unexpected weekend we thought it was going to be.  We were planning on a busy Saturday helping NC State students move in with people from the church.  Well, things didn't turn out as we wanted.  We also knew that we had a big meeting for the church on Sunday evening.  And as much as I love details, I was really not looking forward to a long meeting of them.  Well, things didn't go as planned.

As Friday we confirmed not helping on campus, we decided to make a surprise appearance at a friends wedding on St. Simon's Island.  Well, although it didn't turn out to be much of a surprise, we were able to see some of our dearest friends.  We're friends with both Rick and Christina and we were so sad to not be able to celebrate their new life together.  Although we were disappointed with things not working out at NCSU, we were extremely excited to be able to make it down to Georgia.  It was a very short lived trip, but worth every minute.  The bride was beautiful, the groom was hilarious, and the reception was a blast.  Then, just for kicks, we took a detour through Savannah and spent the afternoon with Bolton and Caroline.  I love them and had a great afternoon.  Even though I felt super sick on the way home, our 30 hour trip was well worth it to see some wonderful people that we may not get to see for awhile (much more than Bolton and Caroline too.)

So yes, pretty sick on the way home.  I'm not really sure what is going on, but something has been against me the past few days.  Oh yeah, and in case you're wondering, I - 95 is extremely boring!  Somehow, the 6 hour trip (5 hours from Savannah) would be much more enjoyable on any other highway.  NOTHING exists between Raleigh and Savannah...well, South of the Border,...NOTHING.  So at 1 am we pulled back in to the driveway and called it a night.

I woke up with a splitting headache and after some breakfast and logistics, I decided it was time for a nap.  I woke up with my headache gone, but my stomach was acting up again.  It didn't seem to get much better throughout the day, but I had to buckle up for the meeting at our place.  So, 5 pm and 20 people piled in.  KABOBS, sausage, steak, and chicken!  They were beautiful and then we had tons of sides and desserts to go with them.  I didn't eat any with my stomach, instead I enjoyed some applesauce and rice.  Not quite the same.

The meeting was GREAT!  Mike and Matt were concise, but casted a great vision for the city.  It was beyond efficient and I even enjoyed the fellowship despite not feeling very well.  It was so encouraging to see the excitement and enthusiasm of everyone and where the church is going.  We have a busy couple of weeks ahead, but are excited to see what the Lord will do.  

Please be praying with and for us during the next month.  You can pray specifically for the
  • launch of the church
  • college students and becoming a student organization
  • the last $300/month of support we need
  • my health (Sara's)

No comments: