Monday, August 11, 2008

A new favorite

I tried a new recipe of something similar to a Jane Armstrong's recipe.  It was delicious, easy, and even fulfilling for a soup!  Mike even liked it - A LOT!  I thought I'd share.

Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef (browned and drained)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (undrained)
1 can diced or stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1 can whole kernel corn (undrained)
1 can kidney beans (undrained)
1 packet taco seasoning

After the ground beef has been cooked and drained, combine and mix all ingredients together in skillet or crockpot.  If you have the time, I'd suggest 3-4 hours on low/med in the crockpot.  If not, you can cook everything together for just 10-15 minutes stovetop.  Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, jalepenos, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice recipe. I will have to try that some time...oh wait, I don't cook. It gets even better with a campus meal plan!