Sunday, July 12, 2009

inside the eye

The last month has been complete chaos, my body is convinced. I've been out of school for 5 weeks, and 4 of those weeks have been staying in a bed that does not have my name on it. It's nice to lay my head on my pillow. Cook in my kitchen. Be on my time. And know, for the most part, where to look for what. I'm happy to be back in our home.

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel too. Mike finished his second to last seminary course on Friday. This is the last class in person. It was fitting that we ran in to Dr. MacKenzie, Mike's favorite professor. What a perfect gift on his last day!

Tomorrow I start back to work, half days. I guess it's not quite starting back as it is tutoring and not teaching, but it's work. I'm excited to see some familiar faces. I ran in to three former students on the way to Target yesterday. Such a fun treat! It's nice to be excited about seeing them and not running and hiding from them like I used to do.

So, what else...DOMINION! It's our new favorite game. We played it a million times with Scott and Robin on vacation and quickly purchased our own copy. The expansion is now out, Intrigue, and we just can't seem to get enough of it. Luckily, the Bowerman's enjoyed the game too and we had lots of fun playing with them over the past week.

I chopped my hair off too. Well, Becky technically did. I love it! Takes a little while to get used to, but it's much cooler and actually has a style. I've been meaning to take some pictures, so I'll try to get that taken care of this week.

I'm on a hunt for a good way to organize coupons. I've heard about this new binder system, but I'm just not sure if I want to go that route. Still contemplating the grocery list, especially since I need so many speciality products. ::sigh:: Lot's to figure out before I go back to school full time in 5 weeks.

On a very exciting note, Amanda's in town!!! This is my long lost friend. Mike went to high school with her and they even share the same birthday. She's slightly responsible for Mike and I being together too. She's been in Italy for what seems like forever and she's back on a little furlough for the summer and meeting all the BF's family, and friends. YEAH! I get to see her tomorrow and I can't wait! I also get to meet this BF, well RE-meet. He seems pretty cool and we did go to the same school too. So, CHEERS, to Amanda and Chris! YIIIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

(It's been one of those days. I apologize for the stream of consciousness, but you get the idea.)

No comments: