Friday, June 26, 2009

Gracyn

Well, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind. We took a week vacation to Mexico to celebrate our three year anniversary at the same place as our honeymoon. Another couple went with us and we had a blast. The sun showed no mercy on us, but at least my legs aren't pasty white now.

The last two weeks we've spent in Orlando while Mike pounded out two more classes at RTS. 1 more to go!!!! Along the way, we never thought this day would come. Mike is luckily very disciplined and was able to balance work and school for the past three years. Too bad they don't have a summer graduation to make it official!

I've had a few photo opportunities while we've been in town. I found a prime location in Winter Park. Thank you Sierra! Meanwhile, I'll have to start back to the teaching world when we return to Raleigh. I have a couple weeks that I'll be small group tutoring and planning for next year.

As for today, I'm running some errands around town. I hope to check in at a venue for a potential wedding client. We're meeting up for coffee with Mike's grandparents, then off to the Bowerman's for pizza and pop night. Then back to crash at Scott and Robin's and hopefully squeeze in a game of Dominion. (FR family, this may soon take over Settlers.) Too bad the expansion isn't released until next week.

So, regarding my title. You can read Gracyn's story here. It also includes a video. Throughout the past few years, I've just wondered if I would ever be able to function in every day life again. I used to think I would be the first one to fight through this and miraculously be healed to the fullest. After I get glutened, I've given up on that idea. The way I feel afterwards, isn't worth the risk. Even if someone told me I was healed and handed me a piece of bread, or better yet a Krispy Kreme donut, I don't think I would take the risk to even taste it and test it's reliability. Meanwhile, this sweet little girl's story reminds me of who is the Healer. Despite my diagnoses, there is still hope of functioning in the real world and being healed. I may not be cured, but I can trust in God alone to fight this battle.

No comments: