Monday, March 2, 2009

groundhog day

So, remember back to February 2nd? The little rodent apparently determined we still had 6 weeks of Winter left. I'm curious as to how accurate Groundhog Day is. Anyone have any incite on his accuracy?

Well, after 60-70 degrees, I was ready for the spring and summer. I was not very excited about giving up my spring break or finishing school in to July. Fortunately, by switching jobs, I have no make up days. :) I think the private schools have some better discernment when it comes to cancellation.

So, today, I spent the day at home. SNOW DAY! It seemed like a long shot when the head master mentioned bad weather on Friday. They called a 2 hour delay around 10pm last night and at 6am this morning, I (well actually Mike?) received the cancellation call. I enjoyed the day to rest and didn't even get too bored by myself. I did make it to the doctor as I changed my appointment from tomorrow to today. I'm so glad I did! I had quite a bit of dizziness and light-headedness so spent the rest of the day of the couch. That's what I call a productive snow day!

So, as for other things. Our March update is in the mail. If you want an electronic copy, please let us know. We've been in Raleigh for nearly 7 months and in another month we will mark the longest we have lived alone as a couple.

I have a spring break coming up in April. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth making a trip to see the family in Cincinnati or some friends in Orlando. I think that might be my only chance to see the family for awhile. We should be headed to Orlando for a couple weeks this summer. Mike will be tying up his last three classes! (Anyone in Orlando that wants some photos, let me know.)

So, for the rest of the evening, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and the Big Bang Theory. For all of Mike's nerdy friends, I highly recommend checking out the Big Bang Theory. I don't think it would be nearly as entertaining if I wouldn't have married Mike. Oh how Becky was right, "Nerds make good husbands."

No comments: