Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Deals

So, here's at my new schedule. I already missed yesterday, but I'm headed on for today. I thought I would share some of my good deals over Christmas break. I kept telling Mike about all my good deals and how I should share them, but now I can't think of them. So, here's one I remember:

pair of shoes, two shirts, pants, jeans, and corduroys for Mike from Banana Republic all for $60. This was two separate purchases, one from the outlet and one from the regular retail store. Here's the breakdown:

Outlet
shoes originally $80 marked down to $39.99
pants originally $50 marked down to $11.99
corduroys originally $60 marked down to $26.99
Total of $78.97
Everything was an additional 50% off ($39.49)
And then we had a coupon for an additional 15% off
Grand Total $33.56

Retail
shirts $19.99 each
jeans $19.99
Total of $39.98 with 30% off comes to $27.99
We then applied for a credit card and saved an additional 15% for a grand total of $23.78

$57.34 + tax for right around $60

So, Banana Republic is my favorite store. Many people can look through my closet and find that the majority comes from BR. It looks like I pay a fortune for my wardrobe, but the reality is I ONLY shop there during a sale. I always check the internet for coupons too (retailmenot.com is a good resource) You can own a nice wardrobe for a fraction of the price. You may need to wait a little longer, but it is worth the savings.

No comments: